Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Year's Antics


It's almost time before we hit 2009. In that year, I will graduate and return to London to find work, Obama will take office and do stuff and say nice words, and I'm sure a whole bunch of new things will happen. But for now, something far more important has to be dealt with.

The New Year's Eve party.

I have a love/hate relationship with midnight, December 31st. Every year, I'm determined to have as much fun as possible, be with my friends and have a supertasticly-mazing time. As the years have gone by and I've tried to get wiser, it's slowly hitting me that I need to chill out. I need to ignore that seemingly omnipresent commanding voice that says to us all

IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MOST FUN ANYONE CAN HAVE AT MIDNIGHT YOUR LIFE WILL BE A JOKE TO THE WORLD!


Stop it. Go away, scary voice, go bug someone else. Yea, that chav over there. Perfect.

Last year, I spent nine hours in the freezing cold at Times Square. It was a stupid decision in hindsight, and, though I performed the Electric Slide with about ten other random people, that night hurt my frail body.

The year before, my brother and I tried to host a house party with giant jenga, poker and a bonfire. It was ok I guess, but not worth the hassle and fuss we went to in trying to get loads of friends to turn up.

I think the year before that me and my mates made a mad scramble to Trafalgar Square to get a tiny glimpse of the fireworks. Yay.

Is it worth it all? Maybe not. But, aside from Birthdays, when do we have an excuse to simply have fun. Granted, we shouldn't have to have fun, but at least the invitation is there.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do this year, but I will be with friends, most likely with a glass of something in my hand, I will be relaxed, and I will carry on living the way I currently do: enjoying life.

Man, what a cliche blog that was. Have this to make up for it: Clicky



2 comments:

ThisIsWonderStuff said...

Ah the true blogger: one who ends their post with a self-reflective comment on how disappointed they are with the blog. You are joining a mighty tradition. Take it easy Px

Anonymous said...

so what are your plans for this year?

lol! I will make a conscious effort to read ur blog...i dont usually keep up with blogs, but will give this a shot!

me and freda are in London and have no plans for NYE yet... welcoming suggestions!!